The history of Kapelan
As spin-off from a German diagnostics specialist in cancer prevention, Kapelan Bio-Imaging launched the first software product for 1D gel analysis in 1999. In the next few years, the company developed several additional bioinformatics solutions, including software for fluorescence imaging and blot analysis.
After Kapelan Bio-Imaging successfully introduced the LabImage platform in 2005, the software was subsequently extended to better serve the needs of research institutes as well as the pharmaceutical and diagnostics industry. In the last ten years, thousands of customers worldwide have enjoyed Kapelan’s computer-based image analysis solutions and the LabImage platform has evolved to cover the full range of bio imaging software.
As a spin-off Kapelan founded a New Media company which was part of Kapelan up to January 2010. Since that Kapelan was renamed to Kapelan Bio-Imaging to strongly focus on Bio-Imaging solutions. In January 2010 the headquarter was moved to Leipzig/Germany.
In December 2010 Kapelan celebrated the 10 years anniversary followed by the release of the new LabImage 1D in January 2011.
With a worldwide outreach and a fast-growing network of partners and resellers, Kapelan Bio-Imaging boasts a strong integration into the German as well as the international research community and is ideally positioned to become a market leader in bio-imaging.
In 2013 Kapelan released the LabImage Application Pool which brings a maximum of flexibility to the imaging community. Specific imaging application on your finger tips is the main focus of the LabImage Platform 3.0. More and more clients in research and diagnostics choose the LabImage Platform as a flexible and extandable software enviroment. In combination with the new LabImager device series custom specific analysis systems find their way to the labs worldwide.
Since that time several new applications started as well as our own device production and integration.
Number of Employes: 5
Type: private held limited
Competence: image analysis, high throuput processing, custom software development, development of image readers
- Paper: Hepatoprotective effect of Physalis divaricata in paracetamol induced hepatotoxicity: In vitro, in silico and in vivo analysis
- Paper: Proteins in human body fluids contain in vivo antigen analog of the melibiose-derived glycation product: MAGE
- Quality management system for ISO 13485 fully implemented according to the latest standards in software development
- Paper: Omeprazole prevents stress induced gastric ulcer by direct inhibition of MMP-2/TIMP-3 interactions
- Paper: Human Coxsackie- and adenovirus receptor is a putative target of neutrophil elastase-mediated shedding